Jessica Steinberger received her Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degree in Computer Science in 2009 and her Master of Science (M.Sc.) in 2011 from the University of Applied Sciences Bingen (TH Bingen). In 2011, she joined the Biometrics and Internet-Security research group da/sec in Darmstadt. She was responsible to conceptualize, implement and evaluate an infrastructure to support a collaboration of Internet service providers to successfully combat network-based attacks in context of high-speed networks of the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research supported project innovative Anomaly- and Intrusion-Detection (iAID). In 2014, she initiated a cooperation with the University Twente in the research area flow-based attack detection and mitigation to accomplish her PhD thesis. Therefore, she joined the Design and Analysis of Communication Systems (DACS) group as an external PhD student to work with Prof. dr. ir. Aiko Pras and Dr. Anna Sperotto. At the end of September 2018, Jessica Steinberger successfully defended her PhD thesis on Distributed DDoS Defense - A collaborative approach at Internet scale at the University of Twente, The Netherlands. Since November 2018, Jessica Steinberger works at the Central Office for Information Technology in the Security Sector.
- Distributed DDoS Defense - A collaborative Approach at Internet Scale, September 2018, University of Twente, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS), Design and Analysis of Communication Systems (DACS), The Netherlands
- Best PhD Thesis – awarded by the IEEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS) 2020, Cyberspace
- Best PhD Thesis – awarded by the Fachbereichstag Informatik (FBTI) 2019, Trier, Germany
- Best Student Poster – awarded by Cisco Systems and the Internet Society at the TERENA Networking Conference 2014, Dublin, Ireland
- Jessica Steinberger, Anna Sperotto, Harald Baier and Aiko Pras: „Distributed DDoS Defense: A collaborative Approach at Internet Scale“ in Proceedings of IEEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS’20), Budapest (Hungary), April 2020.
- Christian Dietz, Raphael Labaca Castro, Jessica Steinberger, Cezary Wilczak, Marcel Antzek, Anna Sperotto and Aiko Pras: „IoT-Botnet Detection and Isolation by Access Routers“ in Proceedings of 9th International Conference on the Network of the Future (NOF’18), Poznan (Poland), November 2018.
- Katharina Kuhnert, Jessica Steinberger and Harald Baier: „Botnet detection in anonymous networks“ in Proceedings of 12th International Conference on Autonomous Infrastructure, Management and Security (AIMS 2018), Munich (Germany), June 2018.
- Jessica Steinberger, Benjamin Kuhnert, Christian Dietz, Lisa Ball, Anna Sperotto, Harald Baier, Aiko Pras and Gabi Dreo: „DDoS Defense using MTD and SDN“ in Proceedings of IEEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS’18), Taipeh (Taiwan), April 2018.